Carolina Piedmont-Style Slaw (Red Slaw) For a Crowd
- 6 medium heads of cabbage (about 36 cups) finely shredded
- 1 1/2 quarts mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Piedmont Lexington Style Barbecue Sauce, as needed for taste
- 2 tablespoons salt, or to taste
- Place the shredded cabbage in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, ketchup, barbecue sauce to taste, and salt together.
- Drizzle the dressing over the cabbage, and toss lightly to mix.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Courtesy of the North Carolina Pork Council.