Carolina Eastern-Style Slaw for a Crowd
Yield 50 servings
- 6 medium heads of cabbage (about 36 cups) finely shredded
- 1 1/2 cups sliced green onion
- 1 1/2 quarts mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons celery seed
- 2 tablespoons salt, or to taste
- Combine cabbage and onion in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, blend mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, celery seed, and salt. Mix well.
- Drizzle dressing over cabbage mixture in large bowl. Toss lightly to mix well.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Courtesy North Carolina Pork Council.