Texas Adobo Onion Rings
Write a review
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, separated
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Oil for frying
- Separate the onion slices into rings.
- Mix the buttermilk, adobo sauce, and 1/2 cup of the flour together until smooth. Add in the onion rings and toss to coat them.
- In a large paper bag or zipper bag, mix the remaining flour, cornmeal, and cumin together.
- Dredge the onion rings in batches, shaking to coat well, and transferring to large baking sheet. Continue until all the onion rings have been coated with the cornmeal-flour mixture.
- Deep fry the onion rings in batches until golden brown, transferring to a paper towel lined plate when they are done.
- Serve hot.
All Qd Up http://www.allqdup.com/