Merle's Mop Sauce
Credited to Merle Ellis, "The Butcher." Use this mop sauce to baste beef, pork, or poultry.
- 1 cup vinegar (cider or wine)
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced or use garlic press
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, and cook over medium low heat until all flavors are developed.
Adapted from Best Barbecue Recipes by Mildred Fischer; Golden West, 1991.