Blackstrap Molasses Barbecue Sauce
Thick, sweet, and spicy, this dark sauce is great with all your meats.
Write a review
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook at a low simmer until thickened, about 45 minutes.
All Qd Up http://www.allqdup.com/