Apple and Brown Sugar Brine
- 1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Dissolve sugar and salt in 4 cups of hot water. Add 4 cups ice water, plus apple juice concentrate, peppercorns, and thyme. Stir to combine.
- Use to brine pork chops, brining in the refrigerator up to 2 hours before cooking. Larger cuts may be able to withstand longer brining, but small cuts of pork may get mushy.
- Prior to cooking, remove from brine, and pat dry.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.